Jesus Christ Teaches Me to Choose the Right
“For I have gen you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you" (John 13:15)Song:
Song of your choice from the Children's Songbook
How about: "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus" (Children's Songbook #78)
Week 1: Jesus Christ is the perfect example for me.
Weeks 2 & 3: Jesus Christ taught me the right way to live.
- Sing: "Choose the Right Way" (Children's Songbook #160)
Week 4: I feel my Savior's love when I try to be like Jesus Christ.
- Sing: "I Feel My Savior's Love" (Children's Songbook #74)
- Invite your children to do what Jesus would want them to do this week.
Living Prophets Teach Me to Choose the Right
“O, remember, my son, and learn wisdom in thy youth; yea, learn in thy youth to keep the commandments of God” (Alma 37:35) Read it onlineSong:
"Stand For the Right" (Children's Songbook, p. 159) Play it now
This month we concentrated on the current General Authorities - the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. We learned about each of them - details about their lives before their callings. We also learned about some of the messages from them during the October 2011 General Conference.
We concluded the month by learning the stories of ancient prophets -
- Elijah and the woman of Zaraphath - how she made bread for him and her flour jar remained full.
- Moses and the Children of Israel - and the brazen serpent in the wilderness. How the Lord blessed them with manna, but they were ungrateful and complained. When the serpents appeared, the soon humbled themselves and tried to repent. God told Moses to hoist the brazen serpent to save their lives. All they had to do was look.
- Nephi and his brethren - when they had to return to Jerusalem to obtain the plates of brass from Laban. We learned about Laman and Lemuel - they murmured, but Sam and Nephi were righteous. They were able to obtain the plates by following God's commandments.
"Nephi's Courage" (Children's Songbook #120) Play it now
Children came home with a conference packet with coloring pages and activities for conference weekend.